I know, I know I am very late to the whole New Year's Resolutions but, better late then never right? This year is going to be such a crazy, fun, challenging time for me and I am so excited to see the amazing things God is going to do through me. I not only start nursing school, but I am trying to travel as much as possible and get into the best shape of my life! I wanted to really challenge myself this year and do everything I have always said I wanted to do but just didn't get the chance to do.
1. Start nursing school- This has been my biggest dream throughout the past year and I am so excited to get started. I know how challenging and time consuming nursing school is going to be but I am up for the challenge!
2. Get in the best shape of my life (I know cliché)- I have always been an average gym goer, I went when I wanted to and didn't really worry too much about what I ate or didn't eat. But this year I am really focused on eating right and working my butt off in the gym! Not only is it good for me but it is good for my body, i won't go in all the details but i have a problem with my intestines that makes certain foods i eat wreak havoc on my body! So this is the perfect time to really get my diet in check and get bikini body ready for our big family vacation this year!
3. Read through my Bible- I grew up in a Christian home and of course if you have read my 'About Me' section you know that I went to a Christian university, but throughout my life I have never actually read through the Bible cover to cover for a duration of time. I have probably gone through it completely within classes, and through my devotional but never just page by page. My church is doing it as well and mapped out everything to do so I have decided to go along with them and do it for myself.
4. Travel- The one thing I regret from college is not studying abroad. I always wanted to but was never able to with my major. I wish I had almost every day and now that I have these 8 months before nursing school starts I want to travel as much as possible! I already have a few trips booked but I plan on adding quite a few by the end of the year!
5. Letting go/learning patience in God's timing- I know this seems very vague but honestly it is the simplest phrase but the hardest resolution to do. This year I am really focused on letting go of the negativity from the past and just moving forward. This year is a new beginning for me to go out and accomplish the things I want for my life without thinking of the past and what has happened. I am a firm believer that God does not put things in your life for the wrong reasons but to show you something better. I have learned to regret nothing and would not change anything in my life because I know that there was a purpose for the bad things and my life is so much better for what those things have taught me. I am really trying to learn patience and understanding in God's timing and not jump to conclusions or question what God is doing.
What were some of your resolutions this year? I would love to hear!